Datacard SP55 Kiosk Card Printer
Developed exclusively for integration into kiosks, the Datacard® SP55k kiosk card printer delivers an attractive combination of proven reliability, high-quality card printing and the ability to integrate smoothly with a variety of kiosk designs. To help kiosk integrators even more, it has low maintenance requirements and is very easy to use.
- Choose from three flexible configurations.
- Adapt card printing for multiple kiosk designs.
- Launch new kiosk concepts more quickly.
Vivid, versatile cards
Print full-color or one-color cards and choose from one- or two-sided printing. All choices deliver brilliant results with dye sublimation quality and edge-to-edge coverage.
Flexible parameters and a coverless design easily adapt to multiple kiosks. Integrators can also choose from three configurations for simplex, duplex or duplex ATM-style card issuance. Use the integrator’s kit to look at detailed specifications and determine which configuration best suits your design.
Secure mounting base
The metal mounting base allows for secure attachment inside the kiosk structure.
Configurable card output locations and drop angle
Integrators can customize the output location of printed cards to match the specific application and kiosk design. The card drop angle can be easily customized by adjusting settings on the printer’s LCD panel.
Hot swappable printer feature
To keep kiosks up and running and minimize downtime, the SP55k printer can be swapped into a kiosk without reinstalling the driver.
Card reject tray
A separate area for rejected cards helps increase security and maintain quality control. (Available with one-sided printing only.)
ISO magnetic stripe encoding (factory install or field upgrade)
Smart card personalization (factory install or field upgrade)
A wide variety of smart card options provides flexibility for many applications.
The printer supports Ethernet 10/100 Base-T bi-directional networking for the Windows 2000, Server 2003 and XP operating systems.
Backlit LCD panel
Improve efficiency with a built-in LCD panel that shows printer status at-a-glance and makes it easy to adjust printer settings.
Locking input hopper
Protect cards from theft with a locking input hopper.
Input hopper empty detection
The SP55k Plus printer can detect when the input hopper is empty. Add this custom feature to your printer with the software developer’s kit (SDK).
ATM-style card output bezel
This bezel holds a card for convenient pick-up, then retracts the card if it is not retrieved after a designated time period.
- Print method
- Direct-to-card dye sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Print resolution
- 300 dots per inch (11.8 dots/mm)
- 256 shades
- Print speed:
- Full color: Approximately 22-23 seconds per card (one-sided printing, YMCKT ribbon), approximately 30-32 seconds per card (two-sided printing, YMCKT-K ribbon) or approximately 35-36 seconds per card (two-sided printing, YMCKT-KT ribbon)
- Monochrome: Approximately 6-8 seconds per card (one-sided printing, K ribbon) or approximately 15-17 seconds per card (two-sided printing
- Print speeds can vary depending on card design, encoding functions, performance and printer configuratio
- Dimensions (simplex and duplex card issuance configurations):
- L 20.15 in. x W 8.54 in. x H 9.81 in. to H 12.21 in. (51.18 cm x 21.69 cm x 24.92 cm to 31.01 cm)
- Dimensions (duplex ATM-style card issuance configuration):
- L 21.15 in. x W 8.54 in. x H 9.81 in. to H 12.21 in. (53.72 cm x 21.69 cm x 24.92 cm to 31.01 cm)
- Less than 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) without supplies
- 24-month standard depot warranty for printer
- 24-month printhead warranty — no prorating, no card counting