Datacard CD820 Instant Issuance System
Issue flat financial cards the way your customers want – securely and on-demand. The Datacard® CD820™ instant issuance system offers tough security and versatile printing and encoding options. When combined with CardWizard® software, it can help support an instant issuance program that will capture more business, improve card activation rates and reduce issuance costs.
- Impress customers by providing an activated card in a matter of minutes
- Meet VISA and MasterCard instant issuance security guidelines
- Increase activation rates, card usage and other revenue-driving metrics
- Transition to a smart card program seamlessly
Versatile printing and Flexible Configurations
- Personalize pre-printed cards with standard monochrome printing, or impress customers with high-quality, edge-to-edge custom photos and graphics.
- Print direct-to-card, edge-to-edge on one side (simplex) or both (duplex) with Datacard® TruMatch™ printing technology.
- Securely encode magnetic stripes and/or contact and contactless smart cards.
- Get additional capacity and flexibility with an optional 6-compartment input hopper.
Strong program security
- Reduce the risk of fraud with user-selectable encoding and built-in card auditing features.
- Protect magnetic stripe data from unauthorized interception during network transmission with triple DES or AES-128 encryption.
- Secure your printer and supplies with a hardware lock suite.
Instant purchasing power
Give your customers truly instant purchasing power. Issue instantly-activated, PIN-protected, ready-to-use debit and credit cards when you combine the CD820 system with Datacard® CardWizard® issuance software. More than 7,500 financial and retail locations worldwide trust CardWizard software for their instant issuance programs.
- Print technology
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/resin thermal transfer
- Print resolution
- Standard mode: 300 x 300 dots per inch - standard text, bar code and graphics printing
- High-quality mode: 300 x 600 dots per inch - enhanced text and graphics printing 300 x 1200 dots per inch - enhanced text printing (currently not supported by CardWizard issuance software)
- Print speed
- Up to 195 cards/hour – single sided YMCKT printing
- Up to 133 cards/hour – two sided YMCKT-KT printing
- Up to 371 cards/hour – monochrome, two sided printing (black HQ)
- Card capacity
- Card input hopper capacity – 100 (up to 200)
- Card output hopper capacity – 100
- Reject hopper capacity – 10
- Physical dimensions
- Single hopper system: 8.8" x 21.2" x 8.8" (22.4 x 53.8 x 22.4 cm)
- Six-compartment multi-hopper system: 16.5 x 27.5 x 14.5(41.9 x 69.9 x 36.8)
- Single hopper system: 12 lbs
- Six-compartment multi-hopper system: 33 lbs
- Operating system support for printer driver
- Windows® 8 and 7 (32/64 bit), XP SP3 (32 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), 2008 (64 bit), 2003 (32 bit)
- 24-month standard depot warranty