Datacard CD800 with Laminator
Create longer-lasting ID cards that better resist forgery and alteration. The Datacard® CD800™ card printer with inline lamination module helps you protect your ID cards from abrasion, chemicals, daily wear and tear – and fraud.
In addition to outstanding security and durability, get faster printing, more reliable performance and the highest print resolution available in a desktop card printer. Offering one of the broadest feature sets of any card printer, the incredibly versatile CD800 printer with lamination is ideal for the most demanding secure ID applications including government ID cards, corporate access cards, multi-application college ID cards and more.
- Reduce re-issuance costs with longer-lasting ID cards
- Safeguard your people, premises and assets with sophisticated printer and card security
- Improve the look of your laminated cards with automatic card flattening
- Protect your investment with a modular design that lets you add capabilities as you need them
- Elevate security and your brand with the unique tactile impression feature
Get all of the innovative features of the CD800 card printer, plus these unique advantages to improve security, durability and quality.Tactile Impression
Use the tactile impression feature to impress an easily verified design onto the card laminate and substrate to help make alteration attempts immediately evident. Choose from a set of generic designs, or create a custom design that impresses your unique logo or seal to elevate security as well as your brand.
Choice of Topcoats and Laminates
Take security and durability to new levels with near, or full edge-to-edge lamination. Choose from a variety of options including the budget-friendly Datacard® DuraShield™ clear overlay that’s virtually impossible to remove intact. It’s four times the strength of basic topcoats at nearly the same price. Plus, get the ability to apply serialized laminates, which lets you bind each card you print to a specific identity in your database to help deter counterfeiting.
Single-pass printing, encoding and laminating
Print vibrant cards with high-resolution, edge-to-edge printing. Encode smart chips, magnetic stripes to meet the needs of your existing service and security infrastructure. Apply the security and durability laminates you need to protect your people, facilities and assets. Do it all in one pass for incredible efficiency.
Bolt-down ready laminator and mechanical locks secure the laminator, printer, card stock, sensitive supplies and rejected cards from theft. A concealed output hopper is also available to protect the data on finished cards.
Automatic card flattening
Cards that are this secure, advanced and attractive should not come out of the printer bent or bowed. Our unique de-bowing feature flattens cards after lamination to meet ISO standards for quality.
- Print technology
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/resin thermal transfer
- Print resolution
- Standard mode: 300 x 300 dots per inch; standard text, bar code and graphics printing
- High-quality mode: 300 x 600 dots per inch for enhanced text, bar code and graphics printing; 300 x 1200 dots per inch for enhanced text and bar code printing
- Print speed
- Up to 210 cards/hour – single sided YMCK printing with single sided lamination
- Up to 185 cards/hour – dual sided YMCK-K printing with single sided lamination
- Card capacity
- Card input hopper capacity – 100 (up to 200)
- Card output hopper capacity – 100
- Reject hopper capacity – 10
- Physical dimensions
- Printer: 23.2 in. x 10.6 in. x 20.2 in. (589 mm X 270 mm X 513 mm)
- Printer with Impressor: 26.6 in. x 10.6 in. x 20.2 in. (675 mm x 270 mm x 513 mm)
- 36.96 lbs (16.8 kg) (depending on options)
- Operating system support for printer driver
- Windows® 8 and 7 (32/64 bit), XP SP3 (32 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), 2008 (64 bit), 2003 (32 bit)
- 30-month standard depot warranty