Datacard CD800 Card Printer
Maximize productivity and increase ID card issuance efficiency with the industry-leading features of the Datacard® CD800™ card printer. Faster printing, more reliable performance and the highest resolution available make the CD800 card printer a great fit for a variety of applications, including state and local governments, corporate or educational applications.
- Streamline card issuance with productivity-focused print technology
- Reproduce intricate text and images with high-resolution printing
- Protect your investment with printer modularity and upgrades like inline lamination
Enterprise-class printing that fits on your desktop.
Print higher volumes, longer runs, and more complex cards with a higher level of efficiency all from the convenience of your desk. From student and government ID cards to corporate employee and visitor badges, the CD800™ card printer keeps lines moving while helping to protect your assets and people.
New technology prints intricate graphics and vibrant colors.
The CD800 card printer revolutionizes high-quality printing with the industry’s first print resolution of 300 x 1200 dpi. Fine text, complex two-byte characters and 2D bar codes print as sharp and legible as they appear on-screen. Datacard® TrueMatch™ printing technology closely matches the colors on the card to the colors on your screen, reproducing images in vibrant colors.
Issuance at the speed of your workday.
The CD800 card printer outperforms the fastest card printers in its class so you can issue ID cards more efficiently and without hassle. Produce cards as quickly as you need them with print speeds of up to 220 full-color, one-sided cards per hour or up to 165 two-sided cards per hour.
One great value today and tomorrow.
Protect your investment with the modular design of the CD800 card printer. Rest assured your CD800 printer will continue to meet your requirements now and in the future as a completely scalable printing solution with upgrades like new encoders and inline lamination
Intuitive design for easy operation.
Maximize productivity by minimizing the time required to learn and operate the CD800 card printer. With printer controls and card hoppers up front, you can conveniently access all user functions from one location on the CD800 printer. The soft-touch LCD screen guides you through printer operations with intuitive icons and easy-to-understand messages.
- One- or two-sided printing
- Modular one- to two-sided printing upgrade
- Magnetic stripe encoding and/or smart card personalization
- Extended 100-card output hopper
- Extended 200-card input hopper
- Six-compartment multi-hopper; Six 100-card hoppers, 600-card total capacity
- Kensington® security lock for printer
- Print technology
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/resin thermal transfer
- Print capabilities
- One-sided (simplex) or optional two-sided (duplex) edge-to-edge printing
- Full-color and monochrome printing capability in the same printer
- Alphanumeric text, logos and digitized signatures; 1D/2D bar code images
- Printer pooling/sharing (available soon)
- Print resolution
- Standard mode: 300 x 300 dots per inch; standard text, bar code and graphics printing
- High-quality mode: 300 x 600 dots per inch for enhanced text, bar code and graphics printing; 300 x 1200 dots per inch for enhanced text and bar code printing
- 256 shades per color panel
- Print speed
- Full-color: Up to 220 cards per hour, one-sided (YMCKT); up to 165 cards per hour, two-sided (YMCKT-K)
- Monochrome: Up to 1,000 cards per hour, one-sided (Black HQ)
- Card capacity
- Automatic feed: 100-card input for 0.030 in. (0.76 mm) cards; 25-card output standard
- Front exception card slot
- Separate reject location and holding tray (two-sided printer model only)
- Input hopper empty detection
- Physical dimensions
- One-sided printing: L 17.4 in. x W 8.8 in. x H 8.8 in. (44.2 cm x 22.4 cm x 22.4 cm)
- Two-sided printing: L 21.2 in. x W 8.8 in. x H 8.8 in. (53.8 cm x 22.4 cm x 22.4 cm)
- Six-compartment multi-hopper: L 27.5 in x W 16.5 in. x H 14.5 in. (69.9 cm x 41.9 cm x 36.8 cm)
- One-sided printing: 9.0 lbs (4.1 kg) (depending on options)
- Two-sided printing: 12.0 lbs (5.4 kg) (depending on options)
- Six-compartment multi-hopper: 33.0 lbs (15.0 kg)
- Operating system support for printer driver
- Windows® 7 / Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows XP SP3 / Windows Server® 2003 R2 (32 bit)
- Windows Server 2012/2008 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows® Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certified
- Environment/energy-saving features
- Biodegradable supply cores made with EcoPure® additive
- Recyclable enclosure plastics (marked with recycle symbol per Resin Identification Code)
- Recyclable packaging
- Included with printer
- Printer driver CD, Quick Install Guide and warranty
- IDCentre™ Intro identification software
- Cleaning pen
- Cleaning roller spindle
- USB cable
- Power supply
- Power cord (region-specific)
- 30-month standard depot warranty
- 30-month printhead warranty (no pass restrictions)